Friday 30 January 2015

Interesting.

Muslim Meaning:
The name Farhana is a Muslim baby name. In Muslim the meaning of the name Farhana is: Happy. Joyful. Cheerful. Glad.
 
SoulUrge Number: 3 People with this name have a deep inner desire to create and express themselves, often in public speaking, acting, writing or singing. They also yearn to have beauty around them in their home and work environment.

Expression Number: 4 People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. Because of their focus on order and practicality, they may seem overly cautious and conservative at times.





Source: www.sheknows.com 




Often do I get questions like these, whether in breaking-the-ice class sessions, or during mock interviews:

"What is interesting about you?"
"What makes you stand out from the others"
"Why you, you?"

etc.


Ah the cliche answer, since I am in the States, would be, I'm a Malaysian, I am an international student, I am a transfer student, yada yada yada. As if there aren't enough non-natives already in this country. Cliche. 

Who wants to  be a cliche? Commoner. I don't.
But then, how am I to know who I am? I never thought this question before. I mean, who am I to know about myself. Doesn't it sounds selfish, narcissistic? Like the world doesn't revolve around you hello.

But at this age, 20s, I realize that to know myself is important. Heck it should be the number one thing to do. Because if not, how am I to make myself happy, stay on track, successful? And most importantly, if I don't provide happiness to myself, how am I suppose to make my loved ones happy, happy with me, happy having me?

That's a hell of a burden unless I make myself happy first. So to get there, I have to study about me. ME101.


Yet how to know about myself? 
Sometimes reading that zodiac thing online or in magazines does help. Not the future prediction part since it is haram in Islam. But the part to which one's character is studied. Or based on name(s) a person bears. Or the old school way which is to depend on time, to see how you swag the moment to get it through, would also work. But of course, time, huh, who has the patience for that?


Hence I googled the meaning of my name. To know what it holds beyond its literal translation. To know me. Why my name is so. Does it reflect my character, my me. As what Allah had it fated, fifty thousand years before the sky and earth were created. As what has written there in the sky.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment